Onsite Managing Millennials Training Programs: Leading the Modern Day Workforce
We provide keys to helping leaders maximize the contribution of their teams.
Managing Millennials Training Course Overview
For the first time ever organizations having to learn how to oversee 4 different generations, which includes managing Millennials, Traditionalists, Baby Boomers and Gen X’ers. With both traditionalists and baby boomers living as well as staying in the workforce longer than ever before, it’s a tough spot to be in if you don’t understand how to change your approach to leading a multi-generational organization.
It’s critical to understand each of the generations view of what many are calling “The Big Six”.
- Their “Purpose”
- Personal “Development”
- How we “Coach” them
- The “Strengths” they possess
- How they see and live “Life” itself.
By taking steps now to understand and meet the needs of the four generations we can set our organizations up for success. We need to make this move now for two reasons:
- Millennials currently make up the largest segment of our workforce, and will continue to grow each year.
- The next generation is waiting in the wings. Some call them “Gen Z”, others call them Post Millennial. While the name is debatable, what is not, is that they are coming… and soon.
Think about that. Some organizations conceivably may have as many as 5 generations all working side by side. Our future is going to be a wild ride!
Managing Millennials – Training Objectives
- Understand the influences of each generation and common generational motivations
- The cause of conflict and the preferred learning environment of each group
- The needed change from the leadership of the past to the leadership of the future
- How Millennials feel about:
- Their paychecks
- Job satisfaction
- Their bosses
- Performance appraisals
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Their job and their life
- Understanding Millennials as employees, people and their economic impact
- Engagement of Millennials
- Why Millennials leave
- What attracts and keeps Millennials in the workplace
- What qualities Millennials are looking for in a manager and a management team
- Understand what Millennials are look for in learning and development opportunities
Managing Millennials Training Delivery
1 Day Class
All TDA courses are client-specific and rely heavily on experiential learning including exercises, activities, roleplaying and continuous feedback.