Essentials of Professional Presentations
Learn the fundamentals of presentation skills that wow your audience,
hold their attention and effectively transfer knowledge and information.
“Death by Power Point” A phrase heard far too often in organizations both public and private.
In this course you’ll learn the key elements that profssionals use from preperation to presentation.
Excellent presentations can be a career advancer or a career ender. This seminar can help leaders and individual contributors hone their skills so they shine not stick out.
- How to develop a presentation
- How much is too much, how many is too many
- The KEY mistakes many presenters make
- The GOAL of all presentations
- Types of Business presentations
- Getting your listeners to change
- Knowing your audience
- Prepare in stages- Breaking down your topic
- Strong openings set the stage
- Arranging your presentation for maximum impact
- Using your time wisely and keeping your audience engaged
- Transitioning from point to point
- The wrap up
- The power of scripts
- How to handle push back and questions
- What to do if you’re charged with delivering bad news in a presentation
- Tricks for technical presentations
- Guidelines to follow leading up to a presentation so you don’t miss a thing
- Ready but nervous? Get yourself in the right frame of mind
1 Day Class
All TDA courses are client-specific and rely heavily on experiential learning including exercises, activities, roleplaying and continuous feedback.